energy efficient ideas are designed to encourage homeowners and renters
even to employ some easy tactics in the home that can save on energy
bills while decreasing personal carbon footprints. Buying appliances
with Energy Star ratings are just the beginning. Here are a few quick,
easy modifications to be made at home that can make a difference.
• Use weather stripping or caulk to seal inefficient leaks on
doors and windows – a step further is to buy Energy Star rated
windows and doors – the difference in efficiency is startling.
Some residential energy efficient ideas include:
• During the winter, keep thermostat between 65 and 68 degrees
and wear a sweater while indoors – add an extra blanket to the
bed and turn down the thermostat 5 degrees more during sleep time.
• Furnace filters should be replaced (and/or cleaned) four times
a year for optimal efficiency.
• Kitchen and bathroom ventilation fans blow away housefuls
of warm air in just an air – use sparingly.
• Try not to block heat and return vents with furniture, window
• Efficient shower heads and faucets can save as much as 10%
on water heating costs.
• Likewise, fix all leaky or defective plumbing fixtures and
These are just a few residential energy efficient ideas in which even
renters in an apartment can take part. Even more ideas are available
with a quick Internet search.
Shop Our Top Product Categories
Grid Tie Inverters
Off Grid Inverters
Shop Our Top Brands
Sharp Solar Panels
Kyocera Solar Panels
MK Deka Batteries
Shop Our Most Efficient Solar Panels
Sharp Solar Panel – 235 Watt
Suntech 280 Watt Solar Panel
BP 230 Watt Solar Panel
Read more about these efficient solar modules.
Shop Our Top Sellers
Enphase Micro Inverters
Sharp 235 Watt Solar Panel
Trina 235 Watt Solar Panel
ET Solar 275 Watt Solar Panel
UniSolar 144 Watt Solar Panel
SMA Sunny Boy 6000US Inverter
Xantrex XW6048 Inverter